Renowned universities and colleges worldwide are now offering health and beauty courses due to the growing demand for beauty experts in various sectors. Unlike the earlier times, employers are currently looking for estheticians and beauticians who are both professionally and academically qualified in related areas. Consequently, there is a race amongst the candidates to locate and identify the right institute and join the most comprehensive health and beauty courses available before them. To excel in this fast-growing world of health and beauty, one needs to acquire both practical and theoretical knowledge to understand the discipline’s nuances.
Before digging deeper into the health and beauty world, here’s a look at some of the advantages of enrolling in health and beauty courses:
- The first step an aspirant needs to take toward securing a job in this booming industry is by enrolling in a beautician course. During the program, the candidate will be able to gradually apply his/her skills in a professional work environment in the presence of experienced scholars-cum-practitioners. Additionally, most of the institutes have a placement cell through which the aspirant will find jobs in reputed salons.
- After course completion, most reputed institutes/schools provide official certificates and valid licenses recognized worldwide. This feature will expand the candidates’ opportunities since certification boosts reliability and validates the individual’s quality. Clients always give priority for license and certificate than anything else.
- Schools now include papers on human anatomy and physiology in beautician and health-related courses to make the aspirants aware of the human body’s structure and its behaviour in changing circumstances. This knowledge will enable the esthetician to give proper consultation to the clients after understanding their skin nature and behaviour.
- The schools will introduce and familiarize the candidates with the latest technologies moulding the beauty industry by giving them first-hand experience. During their graduation period, the students can use this opportunity to the maximum, which would benefit them after completing the course.
- Exposure is the beauty of education. Aspiring beauticians will get to meet and interact with renowned estheticians and beauty therapists worldwide during their program. By earning contacts and connections worldwide, the aspirants can slowly build a network of clients which will help them establish themselves in their field of work. Additionally, exposure to people from different walks of life allows the aspirant to grow as an individual.
- It is significant to notice that the health and beauty industry was relatively unaffected by the havoc unleashed by COVID-19 on most sectors. As long as there are events like weddings, birthday parties, ramp walks and photo-shoots, the beauticians will be in great demand,
- Most reputed beauty salons now allow internship programs only for qualified apprentices to keep the salons productive and dynamic. Working at well-known salons will enable the aspirants to have hands-on training well before working independently.
- The schools organize career orientation programs for aspiring beauticians and beauty therapists. This habit will inculcate in the students a sense of direction which is vital for choosing one’s career path. Since the beauty and health industry is continuously evolving, such sessions can affect the students’ perspectives that they will not perceive if they do not enrol for a proper course.