It’s a new year, and with that comes a change in the way we think about our homes. With colder weather settling in, people are starting to look for ways to declutter their living spaces and make them cozier. Part of this process may involve updating your flooring with something modern but still luxurious, like luxury vinyl wood floors. Wood floors can be expensive, difficult to install, and require regular maintenance, so they’re not always the best option for every homeowner or tenant looking for a new flooring solution.
Luxury vinyl flooring offers an attractive alternative that is cheaper than natural hardwood, easier to take care of than carpeting or tile without compromising on style or quality!
As a homeowner, you may be wondering if LVT is the right choice for your home. This article will tell you why and how it is the best option. So before taking the plunge with LVT, here are some key considerations to make when determining which flooring solution will best fit your needs.
- If you have a family with kids and pets, LVT is an excellent choice for your home. They’re easy to clean without any harsh chemicals, they soundproof the space underneath them better than other flooring types (resulting in less noise from TV or music), and are more resilient to stains because of their water-resistant qualities!
- Some people also choose LVT because they have sensitive allergies. Vinyl is a hypoallergenic material that doesn’t create dust or particulates found in carpets, and this property can actually help reduce your allergy symptoms!
- If you’re looking for an eco-friendly flooring solution with minimal impact on the environment, then LVT may not be the best choice. This is because they are classified as “less sustainable” by The Floor Score Certification Program, which ranks flooring types on their environmental impact and lifecycle assessment. Discounting this factor, LVT still has some advantages! They’re recyclable, so you can replace them without feeling guilty about wasting materials or burying your old flooring in a landfill.
- They’re also healthier for your home because they don’t contain the volatile organic compounds that are found in some plastics and carpeting, which can be linked to allergies and asthma! Another thing many homeowners love about LVT is how quiet it can be when you walk on them because of its increased density and resilience properties.
- One of the most important considerations when choosing flooring is how it will make you feel. With LVT, homeowners have reported increased feelings of warmth and coziness because they are soft to walk on! They also offer a more serene space that can reduce your stress levels, which in turn has been shown to boost productivity and creativity at work.
The Bottom Line
If you’re looking for a new flooring solution that is attractive, easy to maintain, and healthy, then LVT may just be the perfect choice for your home. Keep in mind, though, that this option isn’t eco-friendly or cheap, so it’s important to weigh these considerations when making your decision!