Finding the right legal service for you can be time-consuming and expensive, which is why we compared the top two legal services: Rocket Lawyer and LegalZoom. In this review, you’ll find out which service is better for each situation.
Rocket Lawyer: Best for Small Businesses
Rocket Lawyer is an all-inclusive legal service that provides all the necessities from legal advice to legal documents and business registration. Rocket Lawyer has a monthly subscription model, which means you can get a business lawyer and unlimited legal documents for a low monthly fee. This model is ideal for small companies that need to provide legal documents on a regular basis. However, for a simple-to-run business, a monthly subscription may not make financial sense.
Rocket Lawyer Features
Rocket Lawyer provides legal documents and services for businesses, business formations, real estate and family matters. For practicality, we will focus on their business and business formation services.
- Business Registration: Rocket Lawer will register you as a Limited Liability Company (LLC), S Corporation or C Corporation.
- Intellectual Property: Rocket Lawyer can help with trademark and copyright filings.
- Legal Documents: Their platform helps create and customize your business and personal legal documents through an intuitive platform.
- Legal Advice: If you have legal questions, you can ask a lawyer for business questions or discuss legal issues in a 30-minute consultation for a flat fee. Excellent customer service Monday-Friday 6am-6pm. Pacific Time.
Reasons to like Rocket Lawyers
Rocket Lawyer Review is the best and most affordable option if your business needs ongoing legal services to run, such as attorney advice or legal documentation. Rocket Lawyer’s platform is very intuitive, so don’t expect any significant complexity when creating legal documents. This is reflected in Rocket Lawyer’s 4.9 out of 5 rating for Fit Small Business.
LegalZoom: Best for Diversified Legal Services Options
Similar to Rocket Lawyer, LegalZoom is another online legal service that aims to be a “one-stop shop” for business legal needs. Small businesses pay lower flat rates for several types of legal work. Founded in 2001, LegalZoom has provided business registration, legal documentation and lawyer consultation services to over 4 million clients. LegalZoom has by far the best user experience in the competition. However, if you happen to have issues with their platform, LegalZoom has great customer service, which includes weekends from 7am to 4pm PT. Pacific Time.
Legal zoom feature
- Business Registration: Register your LLC, C-corp, or select your business as an S-corp for tax purposes
- Legal Documents: Software for creating and customizing legal documents is fast and easy to use
- Legal advice: For a monthly fee, they will connect you with a vetted small business attorney
- Intellectual Property (IP): LegalZoom offers a variety of intellectual property services, including copyright, trademark and patent filings
- Customer Service: Monday-Friday 7am-5pm. Pacific Time and Saturdays from 7am to 4pm. Pacific Time
Reasons to love LegalZoom
LegalZoom has an amazing user experience and is an intuitive platform. Registering a business and forming an LLC is a breeze, all you have to do is answer a set of simple questions.
It also helps if you learn about legal services through well-written educational resources. For example, throughout the business registration process, they explain confusing words and legal concepts. Check out our Incfile vs LegalZoom review to find out which legal services are best for LLC formation.
LegalZoom vs Rocket Lawyer: Commonalities
Rocket Lawyer Vs Legal Zoom – The price of LegalZoom and Rocket Lawyer are almost same. Both platforms fill the market gap between do-it-yourself and hiring a professional lawyer. It’s worth mentioning, however, that Rocket Lawyer was more forthcoming about its pricing.
Satisfaction Guarantee: Unlike most competitors, Legalzoom offers a Satisfaction Guarantee that you can use anytime within the first 60 days of purchase. Rocket Lawyer has similar policies, but they cover the first 30 days after purchase. Customer Support: Speaking of going it alone, one of the biggest benefits of hiring an LLC formation service is that they have a customer service representative who can help with your issues.
Experience: Rocket Lawyer and LegalZoom have over 15 years of experience with satisfied clients per million. Rocket Lawyer and LegalZoom are here to help. Education: If you need extra help, or just want to learn more about the legal aspects of your business, both Rocket Lawyer and LegalZoom contain a wealth of information on most issues that can affect or benefit your company.