A diet plan is customized based on an individual’s weight, lifestyle, and health status. Any diet plan that is used is created keeping in mind the health goals and weight loss plan of an individual. No matter what diet plan you choose, it is difficult to manage healthy cooking every day.
Some food delivery services in Miami offer personalized diet plans to their members. They specialize in popular meal plans like keto, paleo, and pescatarian diet plans that are known for promoting good health and weight loss. The healthy meal plan is customized and created to suit the different nutritional requirements of individuals.
Different Types of Healthy Diet Plans
A keto diet plan includes a lot of healthy fat, less protein, and minimum carbs. The body uses carbohydrates for energy. When it does not get enough carbohydrates, it will start using fat and some protein stored in the body. Under the ketosis process, the liver uses stored fat and turns it into ketones which are then used by the body for energy. The Keto diet helps the body to get into the ketosis process.
Some healthy food used in keto diet –
- Meat: red meat, ham, sausage, chicken, turkey, bacon, and steak.
- Fish: salmon, mackerel, and tuna.
- Whole eggs or pastured eggs.
- Butter and cream.
- Unprocessed cheese: cream, blue, Mozzarella, goat, or cheddar.
- Nuts and seeds: Chia seeds, flax seeds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, almonds, etc.
- Cooking oil: Coconut oil, avocado oil, and extra virgin oil.
- Vegetables: tomatoes, onions, green peppers, and all low-carb veggies.
- Condiments: spices, herbs, salt, and pepper.
The Paleo meal plan is designed to resemble our ancestral food habits that were used thousand years ago. Researchers believe that our ancestors ate whole foods. It is believed that these whole-food-based diets helped them in living an active lifestyle with no diseases, obesity, heart problems, or diabetes.
It is difficult to decide which variety of a paleo diet is suitable for an individual. Paleolithic human’s diets changed depending upon the availability of food and the location. Some ate a low-carb diet available in animal foods, while others had lots of green plants high in carbs.
Foods to consider in the Paleo diet
- Meat, fresh vegetables, eggs, nuts, seeds, herbs, spices, healthy fats, fruits, and healthy oils.
Food to avoid
- Processed food, aerated drinks, dairy products, sugar, Trans fats, unhealthy oil, leguminous plants, and grains.
In the pescatarian diet, a person’s core source of non-vegetarian protein is fish and seafood like shrimp. A plant-based food diet is a healthy diet that is enhanced by adding fish and fish products. The Pescatarian diet is the same as the vegetarian diet with only fish included for protein. People following this diet plan eat lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, eggs, dairy, beans, seeds, nuts, but stay away from meat and poultry and add the extra benefit of eating fish and other seafood.
Fish is a good source of protein and Omega-3 fatty acids but low in saturated fat which reduces heart diseases and high blood pressure problems.
Food to eat in a pescatarian diet
- Canned salmon, tuna, sardines
- Frozen shrimp, salmon, trout, and herring
- Fish sticks
- Fresh fish like Pollock, salmon, sardines, and catfish
- Fresh shellfish like shrimp, scallops, and clams.
Remember, water weight reduces faster, but fat loss takes time. So, don’t lose hope and keep going.