Buying goods or services on the Internet is a common thing for many users, so this is where you should look for customers. For the result to be effective, it is not necessary to spend millions on advertising – a lot can be solved with the help of web marketing tools.
In this article, we will look at the best options for these tools and understand how to use them to promote your business on the Internet. Profile: Ягупов Геннадий
What is web marketing
Web marketing or Internet marketing are certain activities that aim to promote products or services on the Internet. Their main purpose is to find customers and increase business profits.
Here are a few points that distinguish web marketing from conventional marketing:
- Interactivity. Through the internet, you can easily interact with your target audience, identify their needs, and as a result, understand how to make the product better.
- Targeting. You can divide your audience and so get a target audience and then target your ads to it. In this way, ads will only be seen by users who are really interested in your product.
- Web analytics. With the help of various services for analysis, you can understand which users’ actions were the most effective. Based on this, it is easier to organize effective sales.
The growth of sales in web marketing is based on attracting users. But even this will not be enough, it is necessary to turn them into customers, and even better – into loyal customers. How to achieve all this with the help of tools for web marketing, let’s see below.
Top 8 tools for web marketing
You can find many different tools to work with web marketing – their number goes beyond a hundred. We won’t look at all of them, but only examine those that are most popular and effective.
1. Landing or corporate website
The first thing a business should have is a website. Nowadays, everyone uses a search engine and looks there for the information they need. Suppose I need cleaning services, and the first thing I do, as probably most of us do, I go to Google with the query “Cleaning services” or “Cleaning inexpensive and fast”. The result – a lot of sites, one of which may be yours.
What site to choose?
Here it all depends on the business and purpose. For example, if you offer one or more services, it is better to tell about this on the landing page – a landing page. This is a one-page site that allows a detailed description of the product or service. Its task – to convince the user to take a targeted action, for example, to order delivery or simply leave a request.
You can create a landing page in the shortest possible time and even on your own with the help of website builders. There you can build a site in 30 minutes, using ready-made blocks and templates, or a little longer using design-blocks, which allow you to create a unique design.
Landing will not suit you in the case, if you need to detail about the activities of the company and demonstrate its full arsenal. For such tasks, it is better to use a multi-page site or an online store.
2. Web analytics
Web analytics is the right way to go after creating a website. It will allow you to add the site to the search engine and understand its weaknesses. With analytics, you can collect and analyze information about visitors and their powerful idea actions. This will help you learn more about your target audience – what their needs are, what they want and so on.
To add your site to the search engine and start getting customers from there, you need to sign up for Google Analytics. The service will allow you to put your site in search and get information both for this search engine and for other search engines.
3. Contextual advertising
Contextual advertising – a kind of extension of web analytics. It allows you to create ads that appear in accordance with the context of the page – in response to user requests in search engines or on thematic sites. For example, to run ads on Google use Google Ads.
Using ads in search engines, you can solve a number of problems:
- Getting traffic to your new website – this is one of the fastest ways to spread the word about your product on the Internet.
- Testing demand for your product – running ads will help you quickly see if your product or service is really good.
- Increasing traffic in highly competitive niches where it’s difficult to rank high in organic search results.
This is a very effective approach in attracting customers, but to get good results, you need to understand how contextual advertising works and know how to handle the tool.
4. Targeted advertising on social networks
The most popular social network for business is Instagram, as well as Facebook.
These platforms are best used in the following cases:
- To increase sales in the online store;
- To promote groups on social networks;
- To attract new participants to the webinar.
Coverage will be large, but there are some disadvantages – these are bots and the fact that advertising can be shown more than once to the same person. In this case, the cost of advertising will not be so large, as it is aimed at those who need it. Website.
A blog is an additional source of traffic, which can be placed either on the site or on additional resources.
To achieve positive results through blogging, adhere to the following rules:
- create not just unique content, but useful content – one that will be interesting to read;
- show yourself as an expert – talk about your business and try to convince the reader that you really know something;
- describe the product so that there is no fear of buying it, for example, if you sell winter socks, you can say that they are warm even in the north – so you close the “fears” that it will be cold;
- talk about new products to generate demand.
After the text of the article, it is advisable to add a call to action – you can do this by placing an order form or an offer to sign up for email newsletters.
6. Link Baiting
This Internet marketing tool allows you to get backlinks to your site through content that readers will want to share themselves.
Here are a few examples that readers like to share:
- “N” ways to learn something” articles;
- Provocative content;
- Compilations of useful tools;
- Online calculators and tests.
A distinction is made between white and black link baiting. The purpose of the former is to get links. It does not create value for readers and often takes someone else’s content as the basis. The purpose of the second is to get links and give value to visitors and draw attention to the product.
Chatbots are automated helpers that work in messengers and social networks. When someone writes in personal messages, the bot gives a pre-prepared answer and reaction options for the client.
With the help of such a tool, you can set up many scenarios for dialogue with the subscriber. For example, find the right thing according to the given parameters or just play a quiz.
8. Email Marketing
Email marketing allows you to build a communication between the business and the client through mailing lists. Its main objectives: to convert visitors into customers, encourage repeat purchases, keep in touch with customers.