Everyone with varicose veins hopes to eliminate the condition. Sclerotherapy is a non-surgical treatment used by doctors to treat spider and varicose veins. Visit Progressive Spine and Sports medicine to offer sclerotherapy in Glen Rock. Sclerotherapy treatment is useful in making those unwanted veins disappear.
Spider and varicose veins are small veins underneath the skin that appear twisted. The veins appear to be red, purple, and blue. The veins may appear large and bulging. Visit the facility to get a sclerotherapy procedure to treat the condition. The following are the symptoms, risk factors, and prevention of spider veins and varicose.
Symptoms of Spider and varicose veins
- Discoloration of the skin on the area around the varicose vein
- Persistent pain after standing or sitting for too long.
- Muscle cramping in your lower legs
- Heavy or aching feeling in your legs
- Burning feeling in your lower legs
- Swelling in your lower legs
Risk factors for Spider and Varicose veins
- Genetics- Genetics is the leading risk factor for spider and varicose veins and accounts for 90 percent of spider and varicose veins causes.
- Age- Older people easily get varicose veins. Valves get weaker with time. The calves of older people are weak and therefore do not support the veins in the legs. The situation risks older people getting spider and varicose veins.
- Hormonal changes- Hormonal treatment for menopause or hormonal birth control treatments increase estrogen levels. Consequently, the increased estrogen levels weaken the vein valves causing spider and varicose veins.
- Standing or sitting for long periods- The veins in the lower body pump the blood harder when you spend a lot of time in the same position (sitting or standing). You may therefore get spider and varicose veins when you consistently stand or sit for an extended period.
- Damage by the sun- Excessive exposure to the sun may cause excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays. Excessive ultraviolet rays can cause broken blood vessels, which may lead to spider veins. The condition is common to the face.
- A previous clot – A clot can damage the valves, disabling them from working properly.
- Gender- Spider veins are more common in women than men. Women are therefore at a higher risk of getting spider and varicose veins.
- Obesity- Excessive bodyweight adds more pressure on leg veins, causing spider veins and varicose veins.
- Maintaining a healthy weight- maintaining a healthy weight will prevent you from getting obese. A healthy weight will reduce the pressure on the leg’s veins, ensuring proper blood flow.
- Avoid tight clothes- You should avoid clothing that is too tight around the waist or legs. Extremely tight clothes restrict blood flow leading to spider veins.
- Elevating the legs- Elevate the legs several times a day to prevent blood from pooling towards the legs.
- Using sunscreen- Wearing sunscreen will prevent spider veins by reducing the effect of ultraviolet rays on your skin and veins.
Treat Spider and Varicose Veins Today
Sclerotherapy treatment proves to be very effective in the treatment of spider veins and varicose veins. Book an appointment with a sclerotherapy specialist to treat your spider veins and varicose veins today.