IBPS clerk exam is an important exam conducted every year for filling up the seats available in different banks. Every year a large number of aspirants appear for the exam. Candidates have to first clear the prelims, then the main exam, and finally the interview to secure a job in the banking sector. When candidates think of appearing for the IBPS clerk exam, they should make a plan to study for the exam. They have to make the right plan and use effective strategies to achieve success. IBPS clerk salary attracts several aspirants to appear for the exam. Candidates who want to appear for the exam should know the pattern, syllabus, and important topics related to the different sections to prepare for the exam. Knowing the syllabus and pattern of the exam can help candidates to formulate the right strategies to crack the exam in the first attempt. A few tips are discussed in this article that can help aspirants to prepare for the exam and crack the exam in the first attempt.
Important features of IBPS clerk prelims
IBPS clerk prelims is only the first step to reach the goal. It is a qualifying exam so that candidates can appear for the mains exam. Therefore, candidates should prepare for this exam to clear the exam.
Each section is given 20 minutes in the prelims exam so they have to maintain good speed and accuracy for solving questions of each section. They also have to keep in mind the negative marking so that they make fewer mistakes and avoid guesswork.
Candidates should know the sectional cut-off so that they can answer sufficient questions in each section to qualify for the exam.
Once, the candidates can qualify for the prelims exam they become eligible to appear for the mains exam which is the next step. The marks obtained in the mains exam will be evaluated to prepare a final list of the successful candidates.
Tips to prepare for the prelims IBPS clerk exam
A few tips are given here that can help candidates to prepare for the prelims IBPS clerk exam. Candidates can follow the given strategies to score high marks in the exam and qualify for the mains.
- Candidates should regularly check the IBPS official website to get the latest updates about the exam. They can get proper and relevant information from the official website. Students should check the syllabus for the exam so that they can cover the entire syllabus in the available time. They can also come to know the date for the exam and the time available for preparation.
- Candidates should also know the eligibility criteria to appear for the exam. Once they are clear about the eligibility criteria, they can fill the form.
- They should check the exam pattern on the website and the syllabus prescribed for each subject so that they know the important topics to be covered for the exam. This will help candidates to focus on important topics.
- They should check the analysis of the previous year’s papers so that they know the pattern and style of questions asked in the exam. This will help the candidates to assess the difficulty level of the questions asked in the exam so that they can prepare on the same pattern.
- Candidates should try to find the right reference books to prepare for the IBPS clerk exam. They can buy important books or can also download them from the internet to prepare for the exam. Candidates must have the right study material to prepare well for the exam.
- Candidates should make a routine or study plan to crack the exam. They should make a study plan depending on the number of hours they will study each day. This will help them to cover the entire syllabus of all subjects simultaneously.
Topic-wise preparation tips for IBPS clerk exam
Candidates can also follow the topic-wise preparation tips given here to crack the exam on the first attempt.
The important topics to be covered in this section include synonyms, antonyms, Para jumbles, reading comprehension, cloze test, error detection, vocabulary, idioms, phrases, fill in the blanks, sentence reconstruction, etc.
Candidates must develop a habit of reading to improve their English language skills. They should read newspapers, magazines, and blogs to improve their vocabulary, grammar, and reading comprehension skills.
Candidates should be aware of the grammar rules and they should revise grammar rules daily to clear this section.
It is a difficult part of the prelims exam. Candidates need to focus on important topics from class 10 math such as speed and distance, ratio and proportion, time and work, number series, data interpretation, and quadratic equations.
This part includes calculations therefore candidates must improve their accuracy and speed for solving mathematical calculations.
Candidates must revise important formulas and theorems to prepare for this section of the exam.
Candidates should have good logical reasoning skills to score good marks in this part. Important topics covered in this part include puzzles, syllogism, coding-decoding, ranking and order, seating arrangement, relationship questions, etc.
It is an easy section of the exam because to clear this section candidates need to have good general knowledge. They should be aware of the general banking and economic activities and events taking place in the country and around the world.
Candidates can score good marks in this section by reading a newspaper and collecting the right information related to the banking and insurance sector.
It is an easy section of the exam because to clear this section candidates should have basic knowledge of computers. Candidates should cover the following topics such as operating system functions, basic internet knowledge, and MS office.
Candidates must be proficient in typing because it is an extra benefit for clearing the exam.
Thus, candidates can follow the above tips to clear the IBPS clerk exam. They should make a timetable and should study according to the timetable. Making a timetable can help candidates to cover the entire syllabus and prepare topic-wise for the exam. This will also help them to follow the right track for clearing the exam.