Lifestyle communities for over 55’s are a great solution for individuals and couples to live their retirement years in a community that supports a high quality of living. Retirement communities are perfect should you be looking for a secure environment with like minded individuals. Further to this, part time work and leisure activities that support your goals and style of living, Retirement lifestyle communities are a perfect way to balance your retirement goals and leisure activities.
For many people moving into an over 55 lifestyle community will be a far more practical and beneficial option in retirement. With communities such as those offered by Aviva Lifestyle communities, you get to retain your independence, and you can live a normal quality of life, especially as these communities are akin to that of resort style living. Having a group of people in your community that you can share hobbies and activities with, both in your new home or in the common space gives you many options to form lasting relationships.
The primary difference in an over 55’s community compared to living in the suburbs, is that they are designed around a like minded mature population. Perfect when you appreciate having a quieter-paced quality of life. With the added security both financially and
The benefits of moving to a retirement lifestyle community There are many benefits to living in an over 55’s lifestyle community. These communities are often built with ease of living in mind.
- Retain your freedom. When you move to an over 55’s lifestyle community, you do not give up any of your independence. Favourable to many approaching retirement rather than moving into a care home. Perfect if you are still an active individual, looking to make the most of the retirement
- Diverse and comprehensive amenities and services available for community residents. These often include restaurants, cafes,swimming pools, bowls greens, community buildings and and the Plenty of opportunities for residents to socialise with each other or with their families. In some ways, moving to a retirement community can even feel like living in a resort, with the added benefit of having your own stand alone personalised home..
- The benefits of downsizing. For many people moving to a lifestyle community it is often a significant downsize compared to your own home. There are many benefits to downsizing in your retirement! Smaller residences allow you to better manage the upkeep, giving you more time to yourself. Furthermore, this may well free up savings from your previous home sale. Most capital to go on holidays, buy a classic car or invest perhaps. The choice is
- Retaining your investment. When you move into an over 55’s lifestyle community, you’re not giving anything You’re still on the property ladder, with various ownership options available.
- Security and peace of mind. You will always know who is living next door to you. You also have the added security of living within a gated The communities often can only be accessed in the later hours by a coded entry or by your invitation. Furthermore, these retirement communities often have staff on site to support your security and access.
- Reduce your expenses. Reduce your cost of living and enjoy spending your time and money on things that you love to do. Some communities offer NO council rates and NO stamp duty on your purchase. Significant savings for sure! Benefit from the buying power communities offer, enablings market leading home insurance packages at a significant saving to your current insurance
To learn more about some of the benefits of moving to a lifestyle community, be sure to do your homework. There are many communities available throughout Victoria, Australia, and indeed the world. Consider what style of community most suits your needs. Is access to facilities most important? Perhaps having medical support within the community or nearby. What is your budget? Lifestyle communities come in all shapes and sizes and have a variety of ownership options available. Obviously location is important to most.
Consider access to public transport and the proximity of the community to your extended family. Find out what is best for your immediate and future needs and make the leap for a comfortable and safe retirement.