You are considering taking a natural pre-workout protein but would like to know if you need it. Well, it depends on your lifestyle and if you exercise a lot. If you have a busy lifestyle and do loads of workouts, then a pre-workout supplement gives you an energy boost to not get worn out before you reach your goal.
While many pre-workout supplements rely on caffeine and sugar, the natural protein powder provides you with essential amino acids with other nutrients. The amino acids maintain blood sugar, energy levels, and metabolism. Furthermore, it helps build strength for your muscles, increases stamina, and helps sustain serious training.
What is a Natural Pre-Workout Protein
Taking a natural pre-workout protein powder combines amino acids and nitrogen, while some also have caffeine. So, you can get extra reps, allowing you to go a little longer and harder. Some supplements you buy can also have:
- Creatine is a chemical in your cells that speeds up energy production to a cellular level, increasing muscle mass, strength, and performance.
- You also find branched-chain amino acids that help you to keep building muscle tissue during your training.
- Then you have beta-alkaline to help with the intense bursts of your exercise, eliminating the acids that cause pain or the burning sensation. Another chemical with similar effects is sodium bicarbonate or baking soda, which helps decrease acid accumulation in your muscle tissue.
- Then you can also get citrulline, nitrate, caffeine, and more.
So depending on the natural pre-workout protein powder you choose, it can have different levels of ingredients. For example, if you do endurance training, you want an increased blood flow with reduced acids. But for serious muscle build, you need high levels of BCAAs.
What Ingredients You Need to Avoid
Okay, as the name says, it is a natural pre-workout protein powder, but how do you know it is organic? Well, there are a few things you can look at and avoid:
- The product must not have traces of artificial dye as it is toxic and linked to cancer.
- A considerable amount of caffeine can make you feel nauseous and jittery.
- Traces of DMAA in the form of methylhexanamine or di-methylhexanamine. The DMAA can cause tightness in the chest to shortness of breath, leading to a heart attack.
- Yohimbe might be natural as it comes from the bark of an African tree, but it does not mean it is healthy and linked to heart attacks and seizures.
- Synephrine helps with weight loss but can cause anxiety and dizziness.
- Artificial sweeteners like aspartame are linked to obesity and not fitness.
Instead, look for a product with creatine strength, beta-alanine, small amounts of caffeine, citrulline, and the BCAAs.
When you choose a natural pre-workout protein from a protein shop, you can feel assured it will help with increased muscle, energy, blood flow, and oxygen levels to enjoy longer workouts. The crucial thing is to choose an organic one that will not result in nervousness, an upset stomach, or adverse allergic negative effects. Choose one that is safe and works effectively.