Life with Meniere’s syndrome is complicated, and the person can become anxious. The person should consult the ENT specialist if the symptoms correlate to the disease. The diagnosis of this disease is difficult. Hence, it is significant to consult a verified and competent specialist from oladoc.com.
What is Meniere’s syndrome?
Meniere’s syndrome affects the inner ear, responsible for maintaining balance and hearing. It causes vertigo and inculcates a sense of spinning. Meniere’s syndrome is more likely to affect only one ear. It is a chronic condition, which can be managed by making relevant lifestyle changes and taking treatments that can help ease the symptoms.
What are the symptoms in stages of Meniere’s syndrome?
There are four phases of the disease, and the symptoms vary from each other. The stages of Meniere’s disease are:
- The symptoms of the aura stage include; feeling dizzy, recurrent episodes of headaches, intensity in ear pressure, sensitivity to sound, and a sense of unease.
- The symptoms of the second phase, also known as the early stage include; vertigo, fluctuation in the sense of hearing, tinnitus, and aural fullness.
- The third phase is the attack phase. The symptoms of this phase include; uncontrollable eye jerking, sweating, nausea, vomiting, increased heart rate, anxiousness, blurred vision, and trembling.
- The last stage shows prominent symptoms such as inner ear congestion, hearing loss, tinnitus, a problem with vision, and vertigo.read more : Movieswood
What can be the causes associated with Meniere’s syndrome?
The causes of Meniere’s syndrome are not known. The correlating factors include:
- Imbalance in the fluid in the inner ear
- Genetics can play a significant role
- Autoimmune disease
How does the specialist diagnose the disease?
The tests that can help in the diagnoses are:
- Audiometry: The test will help diagnose hearing loss. The patient will be provided headphones, and sounds with different pitches will be turned on. The patient will be asked to respond if they notice any changes. It would determine if the patient is suffering from hearing loss in one or both ears.
- Electrocholegraphy: The test would analyze the electrical activity in the inner ear.
- Auditory Brainstem Response: The test helps to evaluate the functioning of the hearing nerve. The test will help understand if the problem is related to the inner ear or the ear nerve.
- Electronystagmography: The test will help determine if there is a reduced balance response. During the procedure, the patient will receive the water of intense temperature to monitor changes in eye movement.
- Imaging Tests: The symptoms can be related to other conditions such as Multiple sclerosis. To rule out the chances, the specialist will recommend a CT scan and MRI.visit here to know more information : filmygod
What treatments are proven effective for the treatment?
The medications that are proven beneficial include:
- Medicines related to motion sickness: It helps in controlling nausea, vomiting, and vertigo
- Antiemetics: To control nauseous feelings patient is prescribed antisemitic.
- Diuretics: They are prescribed to the patient for the reduction of fluids in the body.
- Hearing Aid: The patients with hair loss struggle with everyday life and hence, are recommended to use a hearing aid for communication with others.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Exercises: The exercises help with vertigo as the person can function at different balances.
- Surgery: Endolymphatic sac procedure can help with reducing the production of fluids. Also, it improves the draining of fluid from the inner ear.
It is essential for the patient to manage the symptoms for living a healthier life. The patients should be considerate of consulting the best ENT specialist in Islamabad for guidance and treatment options. The treatment can help enhance the quality of the person and function adequately in various aspects of life. If you are interested in digital hearing aids, you can check Blue Angels Hearing. They have high quality hearing aids at an affordable price.