“errordomain=nscocoaerrordomain&errormessage=impossible de trouver le raccourci indiqué.&errorcode=4” is a French error message that translates to “Unable to find the indicated shortcut.” This error message typically appears on macOS when trying to open a file or application that has been moved or deleted.
This error message can be frustrating and confusing, especially if you are not familiar with the technical jargon. However, there are several things you can do to troubleshoot the problem and fix the error.
First, it is important to understand what this error message means. The “errordomain=nscocoaerrordomain” part of the message refers to a domain-specific error code used by macOS. The “errormessage=impossible de trouver le raccourci indiqué” part of the message translates to “unable to find the indicated shortcut,” which means that the shortcut or alias that you are trying to open is no longer available at its original location. Finally, the “errorcode=4” part of the message indicates the specific error code that is causing the problem.
So, how can you fix this error? Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Verify the shortcut or alias is still available: The first thing you should do is make sure that the shortcut or alias you are trying to open is still available. This error message can occur if the file or application has been moved or deleted, so check to see if it is still in its original location. If it is not, you will need to restore the file or application to its original location.
- Check the trash: If you recently deleted the file or application, it may still be in the trash. Open the trash and look for the file or application. If you find it, restore it to its original location and try opening the shortcut or alias again.
- Use Spotlight to search for the file or application: If you are not sure where the file or application is located, you can use Spotlight to search for it. Press Command + Space to open Spotlight and type in the name of the file or application you are looking for. If Spotlight finds it, you can then try opening the shortcut or alias again.
- Re-create the shortcut or alias: If you are unable to find the original file or application, you can try re-creating the shortcut or alias. To do this, find the application or file you want to create the shortcut for and then press and hold the Option and Command keys while dragging it to the location where you want the shortcut or alias to appear. This will create a new shortcut or alias that you can use to open the application or file.
- Restart your Mac: If none of the above steps work, you can try restarting your Mac. This can often resolve a wide range of issues and may fix the “Unable to find the indicated shortcut” error.
It is important to note that if you continue to experience this error message, there may be a more serious problem with your Mac. In this case, you should consider contacting Apple Support or taking your Mac to an authorized Apple repair center for further assistance.
In conclusion, the “errordomain=nscocoaerrordomain&errormessage=impossible de trouver le raccourci indiqué.&errorcode=4” error message can be frustrating, but there are several things you can do to troubleshoot and fix the problem. Verify that the shortcut or alias is still available, check the trash, use Spotlight to search for the file or application, re-create the shortcut or alias, or restart your Mac. If none of these steps work, consider seeking further assistance from Apple Support or an authorized repair center.