Today English is one of the important modes of communication. It is used for international communication. It is the only subject that is understood by most people across the world. This is the reason why English is included in the academics of the school students. With this language, students enhance their overall development.
Another important reason is that students learn to create their individuality. They learn to openly speak their thoughts. They try to overcome their shyness and nervousness. Therefore the English language leads to overall personality development.
Advantages of English language
When it comes to language, each individual must enhance their skills with the help of this language. Following are the advantages of English in academics
- Students can develop their ideas and thinking skills.
- They learn to speak in public.
- It improves their speaking ability.
- It develops their writing skills.
- Students can combine different words effectively and efficiently
- It makes communication easy between two people.
- It helps them to learn the meaning and pronunciation of different types of words.
- It teaches them to respect an individual.
- Students create their own identity by speaking fluent English.
CBSE Class 6 English Syllabus
According to CBSE, class 6 English comprises of total three books-
- English Honeysuckle- This comprises Poems and Proses.
- A pact With the Sun- This is English Literature
- English Grammar- Here students learn various grammar skills like nouns, verbs, tenses, pronouns, etc.
Honeysuckle Poems- Class 6
- A house, A home
- The kite
- The quarrel
- Where Do All the Teachers Go
- The wonderful words
- What if
Honeysuckle Prose- Class 6
- Who Did Patrick’s Homework?
- How the dog found himself a new master!
- Taro’s reward
- An Indian- American woman in space
- A different kind of school
- Who am I
- Fair play
- A game of chance
- Desert animals
- The banyan tree
A pact with The Sun- Class 6
- A tale of two birds
- The friendly Mongoose
- The shepherd’s treasure
- The old clock shop
- The monkey and the crocodile
- The wonder called sheep
- A pact with the sun
- What happened to the reptiles
- A strange wrestling match
English Grammar- Class6
- A sentence
- Active passive voice
- Direct and indirect speech
- Letter writing
- Essay writing
- Story writing
Tips to score full marks in the reading section
The reading section is the first section in English Paper. This is called an Unseen paragraph. There an unknown content is provided to students and they are tested for understanding their potential. It is one of the easiest sections. As question and answer both are mentioned in front of the students. They have to just understand the content and answer accordingly. Students can master the section by following these tips
- Read the passage carefully. Try to understand the title and the moral of it.
- Read the questions and then try to find out its answer from the given paragraph.
- Always answer in the mentioned word limit.
- In the case of MCQ, always think twice before correcting an option.
- Never write the paragraph as it is. Learn to frame in your language.
Tips to score full marks in English Literature – Class 6
English literature consists of an understanding of the theory and the English language. To score full marks in the Literature section, students must follow the following tips-
- Read the chapters carefully. Understand the content written in it. Practice a slow reading habit so that one can understand the meaning of the lines.
- Always mark new words. Try to draw out the meaning from it. Marking new words will improve vocabulary skills.
- Make notes of the chapters on a day-to-day basis. Always practice by writing. Learning and writing helps to find out the mistakes easily
- Pay attention to what the teacher speaks in the classroom. They guide the students in their best possible ways. Never miss out on any lectures conducted by them.
- Solve chapter-end exercises. Take the help from the teachers. Use a dictionary if required.
- Never miss any test conducted by the teacher. Tests help students to test their potential. One can prepare more if the results are not up to the mark. So never miss out on any tests.
- Students can learn through various learning applications. Watch educational videos, English channels, etc.
Students can find CBSE Sample Paper-1 for Class 6 English here.
Tips to score full marks in the Grammar section
Grammar is one of the other important sections among all three sections. This is one of those sections which cannot be mugged up. This requires a proper understanding of the sections. This consists of writing sections and Grammar exercises. Students must pay equal attention to both topics. If students ignore this section then it could be a losing section instead of scoring one. One can improve the English language skills by following the below-mentioned tips-
- Learn new words on a day-to-day basis.
- Improve speaking skills by talking to family and friends.
- One can participate in group discussions.
- Never feel shy while speaking in English. We only learn by trying.
- Try to use new words in Writing sections like story writing, letter writing, etc.
- Try to solve more questions from the grammar section.
- Practice more questions from topics like noun, pronoun, tenses, active-passive voice, etc.
- Participate in various speaking competitions like storytelling, poem telling, speech, etc. this will help to increase enthusiasm and students will be able to face the crowd.
Students should practice all the three-sections by heart. Always listen carefully in the classroom and improve listening skills. Read carefully every line and develop good reading skills. Practice Grammar sections thoroughly and develop good Writing Skills. Always try to draw out meaning from the context. Do not try to mug up everything. English is a language that needs a proper understanding. Always practice in such a way that it helps to meet your future goals quickly.