We’ve all been there sometime in a quest to find the best oil for hair growth! You know when your hair takes ages to grow, you do everything you can to tame it. Along with a slower hair growth, other common issues that one faces are dry and frizzy hair, premature graying, dandruff, an itchy scalp, and more.
There are so many options and variants available online as the best oil for hair growth in the market, but the fact is that you can still select the one that suits your hair care needs the best. But you would also need a suitable hair care regime with all the products you need for optimum hair care.
What are some of the best hair oils you could choose from?
Your search ends with this list! And the best part? Along with being the best oil for hair growth, they also have accompanying hair care products like shampoo, conditioner, and a hair mask that caresses your tresses!
So here is a list of the best oil for hair growth and shine you could use for the best hair care experience:
1. Onion Hair Oil
Hair-fall may be effectively treated with Onion Hair Oil. This power-packed oil has onion extract and the oils of castor, Bhringraj, Almond, Amla, and Redensyl, an ingredient that unblocks hair follicles so new hair can grow.
2. Bhringraj Amla Hair Oil
Amla is a much-revered ingredient that finds its place in the ancient texts of Ayurveda, and so does Bhringraj. And when both these ingredients combine to form a potent hair growth oil, what more do you need?
BhringAmla Hair Oil contains other Ayurvedic herbs like Brahmi and Baheda, making it the best oil for hair growth. Regular use of the oil nourishes the hair roots, prevents hair fall, balances the pH level of the scalp, and prevents dandruff.
3. Almond Hair Oil
Badam ka tel was the most obvious option among hair oils in our teenage years. Almond oil works well on its own, but when combined with hair care ingredients like jojoba oil and avocado oil, your hair care gets a boost!
Cold-pressed high-quality almonds are used to make Almond Hair Oil, so you get pure oil that penetrates deep into the roots and hair shaft, making hair smoother and stronger.
4. Rice Hair Oil
Tapping into the benefits of rice water that is creating a stir in the hair care market, Mamaearth formulated the rice hair oil that helps boost hair growth. Its Rice Hair Oil is the best oil for hair growth! It also has castor oil and coconut oil that nourish your hair, increase elasticity, and reduce hair breakage, thus leading to stronger and healthier hair.
5. Tea Tree Hair Oil
Mamaearth Tea Tree Hair Oil is packed with the goodness of ginger oil, bhringraj, and salicylic acid. The antiseptic properties and anti-bacterial properties in this best oil for hair growth help to prevent scalp infections like dandruff. Salicylic Acid makes the oil easy to absorb, penetrating the scalp and unclogging the hair follicles.
Now that you have a list of the best oil for hair growth, let’s look at an easy method of oiling your hair at home.
A step-by-step method to oil your hair
Follow these simple steps to give yourself a head massage.
- Choose the hair oil of your choice. Use one that best meets your hair care needs, whether dandruff, hair fall, or more.
- Place oil in the container and use a double burner to warm the oil. Do not heat the oil in a microwave as it negates its healing properties.
- Place a towel around your shoulder to not stain your clothes.
- Sit down and section your hair. Then, start applying the hair oil from the roots to the tips of your hair.
- Apply a slight to medium pressure on the scalp with your fingertips and start massaging in circular motions. This will help boost blood circulation as well.
- Massage your hair for at least 10 minutes so that your hair completely absorbs the goodness of the oils.
- Take a hot towel and wrap it around your head. This helps the oil seep into the hair follicles and provides extra nourishment to your hair. Else, place a shower cap on the head.
Leave in the hair oil for at least an hour before you rinse out the hair oil with any of Mamaearth’s sulfate-free shampoos and follow up with a conditioner. Use a safe, gentle, and nourishing hair serum after you’ve dried your hair for optimum results.
Somethings to keep in mind when you are using a haircare regime for targeted hair concerns:
- Ensure that you oil your hair at least twice a week and, if possible, follow a hair care regime that will ensure your hair issues are tackled.
- Wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo and follow up with a conditioner.
- Use a serum hair oil to give that extra care! A serum hair oil coats your hair and protects it from external and environmental stressors.
- Use a hair mask at least once in 10 days to give your hair an instant dose of nourishment and health.
Patience is the key to almost everything apart from a good diet, being stress-free, and ensuring that you follow a proper hair care routine. To get the best results with any hair oil that you choose, you should opt to follow a dedicated hair care routine for at least 3-6 months for the results to show.
Caution: Do not get swayed by products that promise results overnight, and please expect a purge when you make that switch to a natural and organic hair care regime.
Here’s an important note for you to consider. While Mamaearth has a wide variety of safe and natural hair oils for hair solutions, you should conduct a patch test before using any of them to eliminate any allergies. Mamaearth’s products are completely free from harmful chemicals and toxins. They come with India’s first Made Safe certification, and they are also certified by PETA. This brand also plans a tree for every order delivered, thus making the world a better place to live in.