All

How Medical Marijuana in Melbourne Can Help Alleviate Insomnia

Cannabis has been used for years to treat a range of sleeping disorders. Nowadays, more and more doctors are giving their patients’ medical marijuana in Melbourne to treat the major symptoms of insomnia. Lack of sleep on the rise with more than half of the Australian population experiencing chronic symptoms within the year. There is an array of over-the-counter options that can assist your sleeping patterns. With rise of medications brimmed with side effects, people are looking for alternative solutions like medical marijuana in Melbourne to help with their insomnia.

What Is Insomnia?

There is now a rise of Australians who require medical marijuana in Melbourne to help with their sleep issues, particularly for insomnia. Insomnia can be described as a lack of sleep even though you have scheduled enough time for you to rest. According to a study with Sleep Health Foundation, 14.8% of the population have insomnia-related issues. Having poor quality sleep can cause extreme mental and physical health problems. This can affect your day-to-day life, making it hard to recall memories effectively and function to the best of your ability. For these reasons and more, there has been a push for medical marijuana in Melbourne as a viable treatment for its relaxant qualities.

Why Is Sleep Essential?

Sleep is essential for building memory and providing your body with healthy cell regeneration and repair. Having a lack of sleep can cause numerous effects, such as heightened stress and reduced alertness, affecting your day-to-day living. This can cause cardiovascular disease, diabetes, increased anxiety and depression, and an impaired ability to learn and memorise in the long term. For these reasons, it’s important that you get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each and every night. To help improve your sleep hygiene, it is important to develop a bedtime routine and turn off all devices for a restful night. If you’re struggling with chronic insomnia and other treatments are not helping, that is when you could be prescribed with medical marijuana in Melbourne.

What Are The Tell-Tale Signs Of Insomnia?

The major signs that indicate whether someone has insomnia is if they struggle to get to bed, have broken sleep, and get up in the morning with a lack of energy. It can also heighten the symptoms of any physical and mental health conditions you may have. One of the benefits of medical marijuana in Melbourne is the fact that it can assist and improve your overall sleep quality when used appropriately.

Is Cannabis Effective In Treating Insomnia?

Medical marijuana in Melbourne has been attested by those who have taken the treatment to reduce anxiety which is one of the major symptoms for insomnia. However, it is not effective for everyone. While about 60% of individuals have claimed positive outcomes from taking CBD oil, the other 40% develop issues with restlessness which can heighten your insomnia. THC can be an effective treatment for sleep disorders, however, if used at the incorrect dosage this can cause more issues for your insomnia. For these reasons, it’s important to speak to your doctor to follow appropriate dosage and instructions regarding medical marijuana in Melbourne.

What Is The Research Saying?

According to the current research regarding medical marijuana in Melbourne, there’s a mixed bag of responses towards it. There have been many experiments and trials done where medical marijuana in Melbourne has improved sleep quality. Despite this, there are many considerations and factors involved that affected the results, leading to increased sleep disturbances. That is why it is important to speak to a professional prior to using medical marijuana in Melbourne to prevent further sleep issues down the track.

Related Articles

Back to top button