We live in a digitally evolving world at a breakneck pace, forcing all forms of businesses to drive their activities to the latest forms of technology. Therefore, digital transformation becomes the means of survival for any business in this technological revolution. Cloud computing plays a very significant role in this transformation and has become a stimulant for this transformation.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is the storage, maintenance, processing, processing, and security of data and analytics by exploiting a server network based on the internet. In cloud computing, the data is not saved on tangible physician devices; but instead, it is stored on clouds. This helps businesses facilitate better management of the administration, enhancing productivity, streamlining processes, and improving the customers’ digital experience while also optimizing the costs.
Types of Cloud Computing
There are three different types of services offered by cloud computing:
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) – SaaS enables a third-party cloud provider to host software applications and provide them on the demand of customers from all around the world. Some of the well-known examples of SaaS are Dropbox, Google Apps, Hubspot, and BigCommerce.
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) – In this service, the third-party providers deliver both software and hardware along with databases, operating environments, or computing platforms that are formed to develop internet applications. Examples of IaaS are AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Windows Azure, GCP, and many more.
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) – The last service consists of a third-party vendor that offers access to various computing resources such as data center space, storage, network components, security, scaling, etc., servers. Digital Ocean and Rackspace are examples of PaaS.
How does using Cloud Computing facilitate Digital Business Transformation?
Digital transformations are performed with a range of justifications. Some are transformed. After all, the IT systems have reached the end of their life cycles and others because the systems get outdated. A digital transformation will require any business to shift most of the computing infrastructure from its own data centers to those operated by the public or private cloud providers.
- Increased collaboration – Cloud computing ensures efficient collaboration and improved productivity as it allows organizations to have access to information and process or retrieve it at any time and place. Organizations can schedule and facilitate effective management of video meetings onto their systems as video communication is more accessible with the cloud.
- Facilitate quick prototyping – It is a well-known fact that any business enterprise will require regular innovation, implementation and testing to facilitate effective digital transformation. The cloud provides businesses with a platform where one can build, deploy and test applications on various platforms through the entire phase of transformation without having to set up any complex infrastructure.
- Minimal operation costs -Cloud computing provides businesses with an extensible service model where businesses are only required to pay for the services that they use. This helps businesses to scale the resources efficiently and effectively as per the requirements which in turn saves the cost of managing the IT infrastructure. Furthermore, cloud servers can reduce the requirement of continuous server environment refreshes and support staff.
- Improved Security – Businesses these days face the constant risk of misplacing essential information after storing the data in-house caused by unexpected system shutdowns or data breaches. Moreover, for extensive data analysis, there is an increase in the chances of a system failure. Businesses can reduce such risks by shifting to cloud computing to create various backups on the data into a secured medium.
- Efficiency and Flexibility – Businesses can take advantage of the swiftness and resilience by providing the required infrastructures, platforms, and computing assets without having to invest in other IT infrastructure. This enables organizations to facilitate quick responses to the customers’ requirements and eliminate IT systems overload altogether.
- Generate inventive business offerings – Every primary cloud service provider pitches several indigenous services and forums that facilitate access to third-party environs with various others. The rapidly growing and evolving services provide primary infrastructure facilities and advanced technologies such as facial recognition, quantum computing, natural language processing, and data collection.
Cloud Innovation is the Future!
Even though cloud computing comes with various benefits such as automated updating of software, rapid deployment, elastic capacity, disaster recovery, and pay as per the usage, it is not easy to migrate all the applications and data to a public or private cloud provider without any data loss or negligible effect on the productivity. It is also important to note that digital transformation is essential for making a difference in the competitive scenario, improving customer experience and usability, and increasing its business value.
As a consequence of the digitalization of the world, even the customers’ behavior is changing, which is why businesses are required to evolve and adapt to this digital environment. Businesses should take advantage of cloud computing and set up robust digital transformation frameworks with the help of walkme competitors. Cloud facilitates innovations by providing businesses with a compatible set of APIs for developers.