Decorative concrete was widely used in the second half of the 20th century. The builders mastered the first technology, and its main goal was to obtain durable wear-resistant coatings in a short period. The high operability and decorativeness of the coating make it popular in the home field. Today, decorative concrete is used for interior and exterior decoration of private houses, villas, and landscape design.
The printed concrete placement service is performed beautifully and painstakingly only if the craftsman is highly professional. And our professionals will carry out many tasks, no matter how simple or complex, in an organized and urgent manner.
Do you need a reliable specialist? If you want to receive the service competently and immediately, contact the Profit experts. There are many experienced and organized professionals in Dallas, Texas. If you are looking for a decorative concrete contractor, then you can contact this site https://www.concretecontractorsdallastx.com/ .
What is Decorative concrete?
Decorative concrete is clouded concrete printed with embossed imprints before the solution hardens, imitating the texture of natural wood, stone, bricks, tiles, etc.
Due to its usability, strength and attractive appearance, pressed concrete has a wide range of applications. Nowadays, decorative concrete surfaces are used for floors and walls of residential buildings and finishes of adjacent areas, industrial facilities, shopping malls, exhibition centers, indoor and outdoor areas of gas stations, airports, train stations, etc.
Decorative concrete is also indispensable for restoring antique surfaces because the same materials cannot be found. With unique shapes and colors, you can easily and quickly obtain products that imitate antique masonry.
What is it used for?
A wide variety of shades and shapes allows you to use a decorative concrete surface like a floor covering for laying sidewalks, garden paths, driveways in front of houses, shopping or pedestrian areas. But concrete is a versatile material; therefore, such a coating is already successfully used in city squares, gas stations and parking lots, marinas, outdoor cafes and swimming pools.
Varieties of material:
There are three main types of decorative concrete:
- Colored concrete, obtained by mixing coloring pigments into the composition, allows a uniform color throughout the entire thickness of the product. Steps, borders, columns are made from the resulting mixture; facade stucco decoration is poured, beautiful sculptures are created. Also, from colored concrete, practical and durable paving slabs are obtained that do not slip.
- Textured concrete has a surface with a pronounced structure. It is given by pieces of quartz, granite, glass or other substances. Decorative concrete is well suited for interior and exterior walls, various partitions, and stairs.
- Printed concrete is made by applying unique stamps to the still soft surface. They visually transform inexpensive material into skillful copies of noble marble, onyx, and rare wood species. It makes excellent floors, paths in the garden, sidewalks, and roads.
Specifications and properties:
- Compared to ordinary concrete, decorative concrete is significantly superior to the latter in all technical indicators. In particular:
- It is resistant to cold and heat, withstanding temperatures of 50 degrees Celsius (both positive and negative). The number of freezing cycles is at least 300.
- Resistance to bending, compression, abrasion and shock loads is also high.
- Antistatic properties – decorative concrete surfaces practically do not attract dust.
- Roads, sidewalks and floors made of this material are non-slip.
- Absolute neutrality about fats, alkalis, oil products, acids and other “chemicals.”
- Resistance to ultraviolet rays is exceptionally high. The surface does not fade.
The main advantages of decorative concrete:
- Increased strength, several times superior to paving slabs
- Resistant to aggressive environments
- Many color variations and shapes
- Ecological cleanliness Duration of operation
- Withstand significant temperature differences without compromising quality
- No slip the possibility of arranging a warm floor.