Nowadays, the market is saturated with different kinds of natural laundry detergents. Some are natural, some are eco-friendly and others are even both! However, it’s really hard to choose which one you should buy. That’s why I did research on many brands and found an amazing alternative that will do wonders for your family.
From my experience, the best natural laundry detergent is not one that will make you smell like flowers, but one that will wash the dirt off your clothes while it leaves its natural fragrance. I’ve found a product that does exactly this! This alternative is none other than the well-known Borax. Did you know that this product is naturally occurring, biodegradable and safe for you and your entire family?
To find the perfect recipe for a natural laundry detergent from Borax I did a little research on what other people have experienced with it. The results were outstanding! Not only does Borax work wonderfully as a laundry detergent, but it also has the advantage of being 100% natural, biodegradable, and very affordable.
Here are some of the most frequent questions about Borax as a Natural Laundry Detergent:
What is Borax?
Borax is very similar to baking soda. It’s a mineral compound that comes from deposits found within the earth. It is mined in China, the USA, the Philippines, and Turkey the most. It’s also used in many other products such as cosmetics, water treatment, flame retardants, leather tanning, and detergents just to name a few.
Why use Borax?
Borax has certain properties that make it an excellent cleaning agent. These properties include alkalinity, deodorizing, and bleaching. It can also boost the effects of soapnuts australia while softening hard water at the same time.
Do I have to be careful when using Borax?
Borax is a completely natural product and ideal for natural laundry detergent so you don’t have to worry about its safety levels. It’s considered to be even safer than washing soda or baking soda. Borax is toxic-free and has been on the FDA GRAS list since 1988.
What are Natural laundry detergent advantages?
It has many advantages such as:
– It saves you money: one box of 20 Mule natural laundry detergent costs less than $6 and will last you around 9 months. Compared to that, a single box of commercial detergent can cost as much as $16 and it won’t last very long either.
– Borax powder is a completely natural Laundry detergent: this means that it’s safe for everyone in your family, including pets and children.
– It’s very customizable: you can use different essential oils to get rid of any unpleasant odors from the laundry. You can also add up to a cup of baking soda or washing soda if you want a stronger detergent.
– Natural Laundry detergent is environmentally safe: borax doesn’t have any adverse effects on health, the environment and it’s biodegradable.
–Natural Laundry detergent is effective: it can get rid of any kind of dirt or stains on your clothes, towels, and linens while leaving them fresh and clean.
Is Borax Natural Laundry detergent powder enough to wash my laundry?
Yes! 20 Mule Team Borax is the number one detergent recommended by cloth diaper manufacturers. It’s also safe for septic tanks and plumbing systems, so if you are concerned about that then rest assured that Borax powder is completely approved within those systems.
I’ve done my research on Borax Natural Laundry Detergent and I’m ready to try it out!
Before starting to use Natural laundry detergent for your laundry there are a few things you should keep in mind.
– Natural Laundry detergent can act as a mild abrasive so it’s not the best choice if you have delicate fabrics that run the risk of being damaged by an aggressive detergent. If that’s the case, then you can combine Borax with washing soda or baking soda to reduce abrasiveness.
– It may bleach colored fabrics so you should avoid using it on those garments if possible. Use a tablespoon of salt instead if that’s the case with your clothes.
– It is safe for front-loading washers but it’s best used in a powdered detergent dispenser, not a liquid one.
– It can be irritating to the skin so you may want to wear gloves when handling it while cleaning your clothes or if you have sensitive skin then avoid using it altogether and opt for a commercial natural laundry detergent instead.
– Although Borax is a completely natural laundry detergent and safe for everyone, contact with eyes should still be avoided.
– It can be found in the laundry aisle of your local leading store.
How to make homemade natural laundry detergent?
Making your own Natural Laundry Detergent is very simple. All you have to do is combine two ingredients and store them in a jar or any other container until you need them. Here’s how:
– Mix half a cup of baking soda with one cup of 20 Mule Team Borax.
– Use 4 tablespoons of the mixture for each load of laundry. You can use more or less depending on how many loads you have to do. For example, if you have a large family then you may want to increase the amount accordingly.
– Add 10-15 drops of essential oils for a pleasant smell. If you want to avoid the smell of washing soda then use up to a tablespoon of essential oil in each load.
– Store your homemade Natural laundry detergent in a clean, dry container that is easy to access and that has a tight-fitting lid so it will stay fresh longer. Avoid leaving the detergent in the box you purchased it in because this can make it hard to store properly.
– You can also add a teaspoon of Borax powder directly to each load of laundry without any essential oils if you prefer. However, using essential oils to get rid of the washing soda smell is highly recommended!
– Essential oils for scent (optional, recommended if you want to avoid the smell of washing soda. Keep in mind that essential oils can be harmful if ingested or exposed to the skin so make sure that everyone in your family is aware of this before using them).
Therefore, the purpose of writing this article is to give a complete guide about natural laundry detergent. In case you don’t want to make your own detergent and go through all that trouble, Here’s another thing you can do. Try using lumehra Natural laundry detergents and you will get all your laundry needs settled without having to harm your skin, clothes or the planet. Lumehra’s natural laundry detergents are chemical free and toxic-free. This plant-based detergent fights tough stains and gives 100% clean results. It leaves a refreshing scent to your clothes which removes any kinds of odor from clothes to give it a refreshing smell. Use it once and you will understand the generous qualities it gives.