Juicing is becoming more and more popular. People pay more attention to maintaining a healthy diet and providing their bodies with natural vitamins and minerals. We try to avoid supplementation and consume vitamins and minerals in their natural form as a component of different vegetables and fruits. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables or drinking freshly squeezed juices is the best way and the first step into a healthy life.
The truth is that homemade juices are the healthiest ones. You know what you squeeze into your glass and can be sure there is no added sugar or some harmful substances. Unfortunately, those are often in the composition of beverages on the market to prolong the shelf life of each product. To avoid buying juices in the shop, you can make your own juice at home.
If you want to juice every day and not only for yourself but also other members of your family, you probably will not handle it with your bare hands. Squeezing dozens of grapefruits or oranges can be tiring. The hard vegetables, like beetroot or carrot, are impossible to squeeze without the proper machine. To enjoy the taste of beetroot juice in the morning, you will need to have a juicer among your kitchen items. But how to choose the proper one? With such a varied and rich offer of juicers in every electronic market, you may be confused about what to choose. Hand juicer, centrifugal juicer, or masticating juicer? You probably wondered which of them is the best and the most suitable for you.
Here you can find out about the pros and cons of each one. It may help you in making this hard decision. Let’s start!
This type of juicer can be made of plastic or steel. It can also have a convenient handle, which helps to squeeze the fruit even more efficiently.
- Electricity is not needed
- A smaller one can be taken for a trip, will fit into the luggage
- The juice you will get is pulpy, contains dietary fiber, which helps to digest food
- Is affordable
- To juice with this item, you need muscle strength
- For sure, you are not able to squeeze the whole, or almost whole juice or the fruit or vegetable
- It has a limited purpose, which means it is suitable mainly for citrus fruits or pomegranates
- Can not handle hard vegetables
- Processes the fruit or vegetable very quick
- You can have a glass of juice in few minutes
- Extracts pure, clean juice (for those who doesn’t like pulp)
- Can handle both hard and soft products
- You can juice almost every fruit and vegetable
- heats the juiced item, so the juice is less healthy
- The oxidation process is present, which kills some healthy components of the juice
- Needs electricity
- The pulp which goes into the container is rather wet, can be squeezed better
- Consists of many parts
- It is hard to clean
- Can be very loud while working
- The price is high
- Imitates the process of human masticating
- Maximizes the amount of juice squeezed out of the fruit or vegetable
- Is very quiet during the work
- Minimizes the oxidation process
- It is very efficient; the pulp is relatively dry
- It doesn’t heat the juiced item; the juice is richer in vitamins and minerals
- Can juice hard and soft vegetables and fruits
- Gets a juice from leafy greens
- Works slow
- Demands electricity
- Has many parts to clean
- The price is relatively high
- Juice is not clear
Taking all discussed features of every juicer, we can say that the most efficient one is the Slow juicer. It maximizes the amount of juice from the particular fruit or vegetable and doesn’t waste the product. It is quiet while working, so you can juice at any time of the day, even when your baby is asleep. The most crucial disadvantage of it is that masticating juicers are pretty pricey.
Centrifugal juice is a good option for those who like to drink clear juice without any pulp. The most important advantage of this option is that a centrifugal juicer makes juice very quickly.
Hand juicer occurs to be the best option for those, who juice occasionally, not every day. It is enough for people who juice mainly citrus fruits.
We hope you liked the article, and it is valuable and helpful in deciding on buying the proper juicer.
Start juicing every day and enjoy all the benefits it brings to your body.