A liquid facelift achieves a more subtle look than surgical facelifts. While the results are not as dramatic as the latter, a liquid facelift gives your skin a more plump and youthful look and appeal. In addition, it effectively reduces the appearance of skin sagging and wrinkling.
There are many benefits of a liquid facelift. During the facelift session, the plastic surgeon injects the patient with dermal fillers that restore facial fullness, leaving you with a more youthful appearance. The end goal is usually to plump up the facial skin.
Cost and convenience of a liquid facelift
A liquid facelift is highly convenient since it’s quickly performed in a dermatologist or plastic surgeon’s clinic, usually within 15-30 minutes. This procedure takes one session’s visit, and you won’t need to take any time off work to recover, as healing takes little time.
When it comes to cost, a liquid facelift is cheaper than getting a surgical facelift. The total cost will depend on the type of dermal filler and your doctor’s rates.
Are you an ideal candidate for a liquid facelift?
The ideal candidate for this cosmetic liquid facelift should have relatively few wrinkles on the face and a small amount of sagging. The procedure doesn’t usually produce optimal results where there’s a lot of sagging skin. Furthermore, it’s also not ideal if you want a dramatic transformation that you can only achieve with a surgical facelift.
Apart from reducing sagging and wrinkling, a liquid facelift can also achieve these results:
- Plump up your lips
- Reduce the noticeable hollow areas under the eyes
- Fill your cheeks
- Tighten any wrinkles around your eyes, lips, and forehead
- Reduce any appearance of scars on your face
Types of dermal fillers used in a liquid facelift
You can choose among a range of dermal fillers during a liquid facelift. Remember that fillers don’t last as long as a surgical facelift, and you must repeat injections for consistent results.
Popular dermal fillers include the following:
- Hyaluronic acid: It’s the most commonly used filler, with effects that last about eight months. Its results are completely reversible; if you are not satisfied with the liquid facelift results, your doctor can inject a substance to help break up this dermal filler.
- Calcium hydroxyapatite: This nonreversible dermal filler takes longer to break down. It lasts between 12 and 16 months.
- Poly-L-lactic acid: This absorbable and semi-permanent dermal filler stimulates collagen production and gradually restores volume. Over a series of visits, the patient receives three to four injections, with effects lasting up to 24 months.
- Collagen or fat injectable filler: Using this dermal filler first involves extracting fat from other body parts and injecting them into the facial tissue to even out wrinkles and scars. This treatment, also called soft tissue augmentation, lasts between three and 12 months.
The results of a liquid facelift are instantly visible, depending on the liquid injectable you use. Your plastic surgeon can help you to create a custom treatment schedule that will ensure your face will continue to look refreshed and rejuvenated for longer.
Results and recovery after a liquid facelift session
Since a liquid facelift is minimally invasive, the plastic surgeon or dermatologist usually performs it in the clinic in under an hour. The session is virtually painless and doesn’t require anesthesia since most fillers contain a numbing agent for a comfortable experience.
And after the procedure, you won’t experience side effects. The final results also won’t reveal signs that you have undergone a cosmetic procedure. Ensure you consult a board-certified doctor who will advise you on the best combination of injectable treatments for youthful and refreshed skin.
Liquid Facelift FAQ
Q: Will my health insurance cover a liquid facelift procedure?
A: It’s highly unlikely that your insurance will cover a liquid facelift since it is an elective procedure.
Q: How do I know if I’m a good candidate for a liquid facelift?
A: If you notice mildly sagging skin and slight wrinkling, you may be a good candidate for a liquid facelift.
Q: Why should I consult a board-certified plastic surgeon for a liquid facelift?
A: Choosing an untrained or inexperienced individual could result in a puffy, unnatural look that will distort your natural facial contours.
Q: Is a liquid facelift painful during recovery?
A: No; since a liquid facelift is minimally invasive and doesn’t involve making incisions on the face, it’s virtually painless and doesn’t require downtime to heal.
Q: Is it easy to notice that I have had a liquid facelift?
A: A liquid facelift leaves minimal noticeable signs and is easily concealable with light makeup.
Q: How long does a liquid facelift session take?
A: The entire liquid facelift session takes between 15 and 30 minutes.
Q: How long do the results of a liquid facelift last?
A: A liquid facelift can last up to eight months to one year, depending on the type of dermal filler. Some fillers may require 3 or 4 injections lifestylefun to realize the results.
Q: Is a liquid facelift more expensive than a surgical facelift?
A: Since a liquid facelift doesn’t involve making any incisions, it’s much cheaper than a surgical facelift.