Are you planning to start an online store? You will need a good eCommerce website to sell your products or services online. Building an eCommerce website is a daunting process especially if you are not from a technical background and don’t have knowledge of coding and designing a website.
Building an eCommerce website involves creating a website, setting up product pages and shopping carts, setting up payment options and customer service, etc.
Luckily there are very good website builders for eCommerce websites that can help in streamlining the complete process of eCommerce website development.
Listed below are some of the best website builders for eCommerce website which can help you develop and design an online store for your business.
Wix is one of the best website builders for online store. It offers a wide range of professional, eCommerce website templates which you can choose from to build your online store.
Building an eCommerce website on Wix is very simple and extremely user-friendly thanks to its intuitive drag and drop interface. Wix allows editing of SEO components like Meta title, Meta descriptions, and image page URLs etc. to ensure traffic starts moving towards your website from day one.
Each plan offers web hosting and commission-free sales, which saves you the hassles of finding hosting services, connecting different pieces of software, or paying huge amounts as transaction fees.
- Extremely user-friendly
- Intuitive drag-and-drop page builder
- Offers web hosting
- Large range of free templates to choose from
- Supports SEO optimization to improve site performance
- Offers Commission-free sales
- Once the template is selected and the site goes live, you cannot change the template of the website.
Shopify is one of the best eCommerce website builder for small business. It has been specially designed and developed to help building eCommerce websites. Shopify enables the business to sell their products or services not only through their website but also through other platforms like Facebook, Amazon etc.
It offers more than 100 beautiful templates to choose from. They provide 24x7customer support. If you are a beginner and starting a new online store, Shopify should be your first choice, it is one of the most popular website builders for eCommerce website.
If you’re looking for an end-to-end eCommerce solution, Shopify is the right choice for you. It helps in hosting the website, offers various marketing and advertising tools, and also helps in SEO optimization.
Shopify also provides customer analytics which can help you learn more about the behavior of the visitors, so you can make well informed decisions.
- End-to-end eCommerce solution provider
- Offers advanced customer analytics
- In-built marketing, advertising and SEO optimization tools
- Simple integration of the online store with Facebook
- Intuitive drag-and-drop website builder
- Offers several customization options
- Photos need to be edited in photo editors before uploading to the website
- Expensive than some other website builders in the market
- Offers only nine free templates to choose from, remaining are paid templates
BigCommerce is the ideal option if you are planning to grow and expand the business on a large scale.
All the key features required in a website builder for eCommerce website are in-built in BigCommerce and available at no additional cost. Similar to Shopify it facilitates selling across different channels like Amazon, Facebook etc.
If you are looking for an eCommerce website builder which has the ability to scale the website as the business grows, BigCommerce is the best choice. Scaling your business requires you to personalize the customer experience and deliver enhanced strategies which can help attract new customers. BigCommerce offers an excellent combination of the powers of personalization and digital marketing to help scale the business.
- Advanced customization features
- Highly scalable
- 0% transaction fee on all plans
- Allows selling of any kind of product whether product or service
- Difficult for beginners to use and understand, not user-friendly
- Not suitable for small businesses who are just starting out
Developing an eCommerce website involves more than selling products or services online. It is more than setting up an online store and waiting for customers to come and buy.
Marketing of the online store is very important; SquareSpace helps with online marketing hence it is one of the best website builder for online store.
It has some of the most amazing and best-designed eCommerce website templates that can help catch the viewer’s attention. It has a unique section-based interface, which helps in developing the eCommerce website based on your requirements.
It offers social media integration tools which help in marketing the online store by linking the different social media profiles and tagging specific products in the posts.
For example, with SquareSpace your Instagram account can be connected to your online store, which can help you sell products directly from the photos posted. The SquareSpace mobile app offers more than 150 pre-made social media templates, customizable fonts, layouts etc.
- Attractive looking templates for website building
- Simple integration of social media profiles into the website
- Reasonable cost
- Limited flexibility in designing
- Limited payment methods
Weebly is the best eCommerce website builder for small businesses. Weebly is very user-friendly; it offers several tools for developing attractive and interesting websites, without complicating the process of building it.
It offers tools which help in SEO, advertising, and marketing. Moreover, Weebly offers a very reasonable starting price especially, for new or small businesses.
- User-friendly and Very easy to use
- Reasonably priced, offers lowest starting price points
- Helps in the creation of both online stores and informational websites
- Helps with SEO and marketing
- Too simplistic for advanced businesses
- Technical support is not as efficient and fast as required