Vancouver Island is a large island off the coast of British Columbia, Canada. The island is home to several cities and towns, including the provincial capital of Victoria. With a population of over 750,000, beautiful water views, parks, boutique shopping and quaint bistros and restaurants it is not wonder that homes for sale in Victoria are highly sought after and a solid investment.
Vancouver Island is the most populous island in Canada. As one of the most beloved destinations in all of British Columbia, it’s no surprise that Vancouver Island is lauded as one of the best places to live. And truth be told, it probably won’t come as a surprise to you either.
Vancouver Island Living is Paradise
Living on Vancouver Island in the summer is like being in paradise. It may very well be one of the nicest places on planet earth. The weather is very temperate so even though it can get quite warm, there is low humidity and it seems very comfortable most of the time. There are very seldom exhaustive heat waves.
The island has a diverse landscape, with snow-capped mountains, rainforests, and beaches. There are also many outdoor activities to enjoy, such as hiking, biking, skiing, kayaking and scuba diving to just name a few.
From the snowcapped mountains dappling its coast to the lush rainforests and pristine beaches jutting along its border, Vancouver Island is nothing short of paradise. And that’s long before you even set foot on it. Voted by Expedia travelers as the number eight island in the world. Country Living magazine even named Vancouver Island among “10 of the World’s Most Beautiful Islands”!
If like many, you choose to relocate here finding homes for sale in Victoria, and other parts of Vancouver Island is made comfortable simple with the help of World class Remax Agents like Ron Neal and his team.
You have to see it for yourself to truly appreciate the Island. And when you do, Vancouver Island will welcome you.
8 reasons to buy a home on Vancouver Island
- There is a wide range of Vancouver Island Real Estate, from waterfront properties, float homes, stunning condos, to ski chalets and everything in between.
- The island boasts some of the most beautiful scenery in Canada, with lush forests, snow-capped mountains and a dramatic coastline.
- Vancouver Island has a mild climate, with average temperatures ranging from 10-20 degrees Celsius in summer and 0-5 degrees Celsius in winter.
- The island is a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts, with countless activities such as hiking, biking, kayaking, skiing, and scuba diving available right on your doorstep.
- Vancouver Island is home to a number of world-class golf courses, including Bear Mountain Golf resort, Victoria Golf Club, Nanaimo Golf Club, and Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community to just name a few.
- The island is also home to numerous vineyards and wineries, perfect for those who enjoy a glass of wine with their dinner.
- There are many cultural attractions on Vancouver Island, such as museums, art galleries and live theatre performances.
- The island has an excellent education system, with both public and private, and two world class universities with the, University of Victoria and Vancouver Island University.