You can Click digital marketing community to help you strategize in your data analysis. Data and data analytics are playing a huge role in strategizing business decisions. Irrespective of what industry it is or what is the business size, data is helping businesses understand their customers, their buying cycle, their searches, etc. Data analytics has been seen to be helpful in determining goals, strategizing social media, strategizing marketing, etc. These are all informed decisions that are made based on the data.
Collecting the correct data, analyzing it, and using it for marketing is a challenge for many digital marketers today. Collection of the right data and using the right data analysis techniques can provide invaluable insights about the business. These can help to figure out how the money is spent, how the customers are responding, and how and when the marketing efforts turn into sales. The right digital marketing data analysis strategy can give businesses a competitive edge over competitors. Many online Digital Marketing Analytics course are now focusing on imparting this skill to students, as they also realize the upcoming scope and potential of this domain.
In this article, we’ll be discussing the best digital marketing data analysis strategies that can be used for the success of any business. These have been divided into 5 steps.
Step 1: Finding the Problem (h2)
- The first step is to figure out what problem your business is facing.
- Identifying the problem will help you track and analyze the right data. Tracking the wrong data can lead to incorrect assumptions.
- Therefore, it is important to figure out where your business is going down. The problem might be brand awareness, leads, sales, conversion rates, ROI (Return on Investment), etc.
For example, consider you run a blog page. The problems you can face will include a decrease in organic traffic, less movement to other pages, decrease in lead conversions, etc.
Step 2: Setting up Goals (h2)
- When you know what problem your business is facing, then finding the cause of the problem should be the next step.
- Conduct your research to figure out the cause of the problem and set goals to improve them. Setting goals will help you move in the right direction.
- The goals should be based on previous digital marketing data analysis or other gathered benchmarks.
Some of the causes of the problems have been mentioned below.
|Decrease in Organic Traffic||No ranking of your page in the search results can be an obvious factor behind dip in your organic traffic. Managing SEO can help you improve your traffic. There are various elements of SEO like keywords, meta tags, site speed, content organization, etc. that affect the visibility of the page. It is important to figure out which of these factors are responsible for the fall of traffic and then setting goals to improve it.|
|Higher Bounce Rate||If there is plenty of traffic but the visitors aren’t going to other pages, then CTCs (call to action) might need some attention. There should be CTCs available on your pages in the form of sidebars, banners, at the bottom page, or mid-text to allow the visitors to jump to other pages.|
Step 3: Collecting Accurate Data Using Data Analytics Tools (h2)
- To collect the right data, it is necessary to find a way to track the user’s behavior.
- You can figure out how a user arrived on the page by using the tracking codes, plugins, or URLs.
- While using these tracking devices, you need to set an event, so that the device knows what to track.
- Now after setting the tracking devices with the events, you’ll need to attach them with a data-gathering compilation platform, so that you can easily access the collected data.
- Some of the data compilation platforms that can be used are Google Data Studio, Data Box, etc.
Step 4: Making Changes and Measuring the Response (h2)
- The data that has been collected should be analyzed to make changes.
- You can use A/B testing or user testing to study the results individually and measure the impact of each change.
- The tests will help us understand which of the changes is performing better and which one we should use to solve our problem.
Some of the tests that can be conducted to test the changes in a blog page are:
- A/B Testing: It’s a great way to test your page as you can try different layouts, different assets, and can insert text instead of pure text. You can target a new audience or different keywords and use this test to see if the traffic or lead conversion improves or not.
- New Magnets: When both the traffic and leads have fallen, then adding a new lead magnet could work. Try to consider something new that can help you gain attention again, like webinars, short courses, time-saving templates, etc.
- SEO Assessment: Check your page for keywords, load speed, backlinks, and other parameters that may be responsible for decrease in the traffic. SEO assessment can help you figure out all these and you can make changes based on that.
Step 5: Experimenting and Advancing (h2)
- The problem does not end after you have reached your goal.
- The digital marketing strategies and data analysis are not static as the technology and trends are continuously changing.
- Therefore, you will need creative approaches for improving and ways to monitor these improvements. This would need experimenting with new trends.
Conducting data analysis and strategizing your business based on that may seem like a long process, but it will guarantee success. This is because you have prepared a framework for solving problems based on facts, rather than based on assumptions. You have also used a reliable process for experimenting with new trends and testing or evaluating their performance. These processes will not only provide success but will also help to stay ahead of the competitors.
To fulfill each objective, it is important to dedicate your time and resources for data analysis and assessment. If you lack the time, tools, and experience to apply data analysis to your goals, then you can reach out to freelance digital marketers or a digital marketing agency. They will work through the process for you and you can focus on other business goals.