International festivals in Krakow / Poland
Krakow / Poland is famous not only for its landmarks, but also for the great events which are organised there on the annual basis. Let’s have a peak into what’s going on in 2023
- Wianki Festival: Wianki Festival is one of the most popular and well-known events in Krakow, taking place in June. This festival celebrates the arrival of summer and features a range of activities, including live music, street performances, and traditional crafts. The highlight of the festival is the procession of boats on the Vistula River, decorated with flowers and candles, which is a truly magical experience.
- Krakow Film Festival: The Krakow Film Festival is an annual event that takes place in May, showcasing the best in Polish and international cinema. This festival attracts film enthusiasts from all over the world and features a range of film screenings, workshops, and exhibitions.
- Jewish Culture Festival: The Jewish Culture Festival is an annual event that takes place in June, celebrating the rich cultural heritage of Krakow’s Jewish community. This festival features a range of cultural events, including concerts, film screenings, and exhibitions, as well as traditional food and drink.
- TauronNowa Muzyka: TauronNowa Muzyka is a music festival that takes place in July and features a wide range of music genres, from indie and rock to electronic and hip-hop. This festival attracts music lovers from all over the world and features both established and emerging artists.
- Krakow Street Art Festival: The Krakow Street Art Festival is an annual event that takes place in August and showcases the best in street art and graffiti from around the world. This festival features a range of exhibitions, workshops, and live performances, as well as a vibrant street market.
- Krakow Shakespeare Festival: The Krakow Shakespeare Festival is an annual event that takes place in September and celebrates the works of the great English playwright. This festival features a range of performances, including plays, concerts, and workshops, as well as exhibitions and film screenings.
- Wawel Castle Summer Concerts: The Wawel Castle Summer Concerts is a series of classical music concerts that take place in the beautiful setting of Wawel Castle in Krakow. This event features some of the best musicians from around the world and is a truly magical experience for music lovers.
- Materia Prima Festival: Materia Prima Festival is an annual electronic music festival that takes place in August in Krakow. This festival features a lineup of top international DJs and electronic music acts, and attracts music lovers from all over the world. With its incredible sound and lighting systems and its vibrant atmosphere, Materia Prima Festival is the perfect place for fans of electronic music to come together and dance the night away.
- Krakow Rugby Festival: The Krakow Rugby Festival is an annual event that takes place in June and celebrates the sport of rugby. This festival features a range of rugby-related events, including games, competitions, and clinics, as well as live music and food stalls. Whether you’re a die-hard rugby fan or just looking for a fun day out, the Krakow Rugby Festival is a must-visit. Also the company behind the KRF is the Krakow stag do company “PartyKrakow”, so you can be sure there’s gonna be loads of entertainment
- MisteriaPaschalia: MisteriaPaschalia is an annual music festival that takes place in April and May and celebrates the music of the Baroque era. This festival features a range of concerts, operas, and choral performances, and attracts music lovers from all over the world. With its incredible acoustics and historic setting, MisteriaPaschalia is a truly unique and unforgettable musical experience.
- Juvenalia: Juvenalia is an annual youth festival that takes place in May and celebrates the talent and creativity of young people in Krakow. This festival features a range of events, including concerts, competitions, and workshops, and attracts young people from all over the city. Whether you’re a student, a young artist, or just looking for a fun day out, Juvenalia is the perfect place to showcase your talents and connect with like-minded individuals.
- European Games: Krakow will host the 2023 European Games, a multi-sport event featuring over 20 different sports. This will be the first edition of the European Games to be held in Poland and will take place in June and July 2023. The European Games is a showcase of the best athletes from across Europe and provides a unique opportunity to see world-class sporting events in Krakow. With a range of competitions, cultural events, and entertainment offerings, the European Games is sure to be a highlight of the year in Krakow.